The Wiarton and District Chamber of Commerce actively represents all business. While being effective in its ability to promote, encourage and develop the business needs of our community. This will be done through a strong membership base and with the strategic partnerships and cooperation of surrounding Chambers and Municipal Councils. Striving forward with the goal of making policy and decisions that will help these businesses and community grow and prosper.
The agenda of the Wiarton and District Chamber of Commerce (WDCC) is to champion the importance of business development, to partner with local festivals & events and other Chambers, and to promote the area as an outstanding place to shop, live, play, do business and return to time after time.
2019-2020 Board of Directors
||Brandee Ceaser MacDonald
||Ann Marie Hadcock
- Learn about government issues that affect business
- Add your own voice to the Chamber’s lobbying efforts at all levels of government
- Businesses benefit from the Chamber’s promotion of the region and community
- Buy Local!!! The Chamber promotes local products & services
- Credibility --- be recognized by community as a Chamber member
- Chamber staff will act as a referral service, directing customer traffic your way
- Access to export stamp
- Web listing on Chamber website
- Complimentary advertising on our Facebook
- Promotion of ‘Business After Hours’ to local businesses for networking opportunities
- Weekly e-newsletters featuring chamber members and upcoming events
- Group Home & Auto Insurance
- Group Employee Benefits
- First Data Merchant services at lower prices than large banks
- Discounts for UPS Courier
- Medoc Travel Insurance
- Better rates and services on Esso Business cards
- Pet Insurance Coverage
- Pragmatic Conferencing for medium to large business
- Accessibility Works: Responsibilities under the new Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). OCC offers various workshops and resources to keep businesses informed
The WDCC is fundamental to the economic growth of our community. Through introductions, facilitating projects, maintaining data and new development, we strive to always keep our members connected. We are proud of our accomplishments and feel that in an age of technology we have raised the bar in many ways.
- Wiarton Facebook page has over 1,800 page likes and post reaches of up to 4,000 per week
- Hosted a well-received and well-attended 6th Annual Job Fair
- Hosted several ‘Breakfast with the Mayor’ grass roots discussions between community members and our Town’s Mayor to increase communication
- Promotion of ‘Business After Hours’ events to local businesses for networking opportunities
- The Chamber organized events like Santa Claus Parade, Wiarton Willie Festival, and Canada Day (partnered with Wiarton Optimist Club)
- The Wiarton Revitalization Committee has been a driving force behind cleaning up Bluewater Park and the renovations of the Parkette
WE GOT IT IN WIARTON!!